PRINCETON — With the recent wave of COVID-19 surging across Illinois and the nation, the state has moved into Tier 3 mitigations.
The Bureau County Metro Center will remain open with some additional restrictions that have been passed down by the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and Illinois Department of Public Health.
The pool and locker rooms will remain open. Pool lane reservations will continue to be required.
Face coverings must be worn at all times, including while engaged in individual exercise regardless of person or machine spacing.
No group sporting and recreational activities, including day camp, racquetball, pickleball, karate and basketball.
One person may shoot baskets, per hoop. No group fitness classes—land and water.
The management and staff have been working to create a safe environment for all employees, members and guests, including:
• Touchless check-in system.
• Cleaning stations and hand sanitizer available.
• Cardio distancing between machines.
Ways you can be ‘cleansiderate’:
• Wash your hands
• Clean between, wipe down equipment before and after use.
• Practice safe social fitnessing. Put imaginary boundaries between you and others.
• Not feeling great? Take the day off. Workout at home.
The Princeton Park District/BCMC, board, management and staff thank all members who have continued to support the Bureau County Metro Center during this very difficult year. These rules are not ideal in any way, however, we must follow the guidelines to remain in compliance.