Spring Creek’s junior golf skills-building sessions will start Monday, July 17.
The sessions, which will concentrate on pitching, chipping and putting, will start at 6 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Monday, July 24. The $10 one-hour sessions are open to all area men, women and high school team members. Junior Camp attendees’ fee is $5 per session.
The Illinois Valley Junior Golf Championship is Monday, July 31, at Spring Creek.
The printable Junior Golf pamphlet is available online at www.springcreek-golfcourse.com. For more information, call 815-894-2137.
• Celebrity golf: The Celebrity Golf Outing will take to the links at Chapel Hill a few weeks later on Saturday, July 29, Costs for the four-person scramble are $400 per team/$100 per person. To sign up, pick up a brochure at ServiceMaster DSI, 123 W. Progress Drive, Princeton. Registration must be received by Tuesday, July 18.
Another cast of celebrities, including Steve McMichael, Emery Moorehead, Mike Richardson, Jim Morrissey, Dan Hampton, Kurt Becker, Scott Phegley, Dick the Bruiser Jr., WWE Rosebud KaDance Kelli, Chief Attakullakulla and Frankie the Chi-Town Hitman, are expected to attend the ServiceMaster DSU Celebrity Golf Outing.
All proceeds benefit the Princeton police and fire departments and Bureau County Sheriff’s Department.
• SVWC outing: The Spring Valley Walleye Club golf outing will be Saturday, Aug. 12, at Spring Creek Golf Course. There will be a shotgun start at 7:30 a.m. for the four-man best ball event. Entry fee is $75 per golfer, including golf and fried walleye and Rip’s chicken lunch. Entry forms are available on the club website at www.spring-valley-walleye.org. For more information, call Bill Guerrini at 815-663-6141.
• BV Booster outing: The 2017 Bureau Valley Booster Club Golf Outing will be Saturday, Aug. 26, at Hidden Lake Golf Club in Sheffield. Entry fee is $50 per golfer/$200 per team, which includes dinner. Check-in starts at 12:15 p.m. with tee off at 1 p.m.
There will be a helicopter golf ball drop. Only 300 tickets are being sold at $10 each. The winner with the closest ball to the hole or in the hole will receive $1,000.
Checks made payable to Bureau Valley Booster Club may be sent to Eric Olds, Box 13, Wyanet, IL 61379. For more information, call 815-699-2477 or 815-866-7094 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tiger Classic: The Princeton Tiger Athletic Booster Club will hold its 21st annual Tiger Classic on Saturday, Aug. 12, at Wyaton Hills Golf Course. Registration is at 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 11 a.m. Entry fee is $75 per golfer and $20 for dinner only. Golf will be limited to the first 22 teams to sign up. The Tiger Kickoff Party is at 6 p.m. for dinner, prizes and entertainment. One golfer will have the chance to win $5,000 in a putting contest. Contact Gretchen Bauer at 815-303-5500 or email@example.com.
• Chip shots: PHS golf summer practices will be held on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Chapel Hill, through July. This is open to all incoming freshmen through incoming seniors, boys and girls, who are interested in playing golf at the high school level. Contact PHS coach Will Gross at 815-878-4623 with any questions or for any additional information.
• Wyaton champions: The first half winners of the Thursday Ladies League at Wyaton Hills is Flaig Farms.
• • •
Send your golf news to firstname.lastname@example.org.